Mogadishu and Singapore Exam Questions
You will need the Pre-Release Resource Folder, a new copy of this Folder will be given out in the examination
In this synoptic exercise you will be assessed on your ability to synthesise knowledge and understanding and skills derived from your A level course.
You are reminded that the assessment will take into account the quality of written communication used in your answers.
The main focus of the materials in the Resource Folder is about Mogadishu and Singapore, two cities that share some common challenges, but also have some distinct contrasts in other problems they face.
Time allowed: 1 hour 45 minutes
1. Select evidence from the Resource Folder to explain the major problems that transport and communication present in many urban areas. (10 marks) - 15 minutes
2. Using your own information and the details in the Resource Folder, describe the differences in food supply between Singapore and Mogadishu. (10 marks) - 15 minutes
3. Assess the reasons for the different approaches required in Question 2? (10 marks) - 15 minutes
4. The sustainable approaches to tackling water supply differ in the two cities. Evaluate these different approaches. (25 marks) - 30 minutes
5. Discuss the various attempts that have been made to find sustainable solutions to problems faced by a shortage of energy supply. (25 marks) - 30 minutes