1. Vietnam is a RIC a Recently-industrialised Country. It began its process of industrialisation and globalisation in the late 1990s.
2. Vietnam was former French colony and exported tabacco, tea and coffee. It was once a 'plantation economy'.
3. The capital city is Hanoi in the north of the country. Ho Chi Minh City is its largest city located in the south.
4. It has witnessed considerable foreign investment especially with the location of transplant factories, NIKE locating in Ho Chi Minh City is a good example.
5. The NIKE factory is an example of a growth pole in Ho Chi Minh City encouraging positive cumulative causation.
6. The NIKE factory offers computer training courses for middle-line managers, these slikks could be transferred to other Vietnamese companies.
7. Vietnam has globalised by shifting from an agrarian, plantation economy to a manufacturing economy in less than 20 years, aided by foreign investment.
Click here to start your research on Vietnam